MORRISS ELEMENTARY REGISTRATION & ENROLLMENT
At Martha and Josh Morriss Elementary, we are committed to providing an exceptional education in an environment that will nurture the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development of each student. We offer instructional opportunities not commonly found elsewhere, specifically in mathematics, engineering, and technology. Our students enjoy a curriculum designed to be compelling to move them beyond basic knowledge and support the transfer of learning. In addition to extraordinary academic opportunities, students are taught Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People through the Leader in Me curriculum. Students learn the importance of interpersonal effectiveness, responsibility, integrity, collaboration, and renewal. Our nationally recognized model of instruction and philosophy of leadership align to create an environment where autonomy and initiative are encouraged and celebrated.
Interested in becoming part of this nationally-recognized and top-ranked elementary school? Take a look at the process below, then submit an application. Our staff is available to assist you through the process and look forward to you and your student becoming a member of the Tiger Family!
- Apply between November 1, 2023, and January 12, 2024, either electronically or in person at the TISD Welcome Center.
- Applicants will be scheduled to take the math and reading readiness assessment in late February or early March 2024.
- After completing the assessment, families will be notified by mail of acceptance status by April 1, 2024.
- Parents of selected students must return the entrance agreement and registration documents by April 15, 2024.
Kindergarten selection is determined using a scoring rubric. Points are awarded based on the student’s performance on the required readiness assessments, sibling or parent employee status, and TISD district residency. Applicants with the highest composite score are selected for admittance.
Assessments will be given by appointment. The tentative dates for entrance testing are Saturday, February 24 and March 2, 2024. Students must complete the assessment on one of the designated dates to be eligible for selection. In January, staff will notify parents of their child’s assigned appointment.
Applicants will be given additional rubric points according to the following criteria:
- applicants with siblings enrolled at Morriss Elementary in kindergarten through grade 4 during the 2023-24 school year
- applicants with parents who are full-time employees at Morriss Elementary
- applicants who are TISD residents, as established by a matching address on the two requested documents
The district may offer a second testing opportunity if there are vacancies after the initial assessment. A student may only take the readiness assessment twice.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED OUT ONLINE AT:
Applications will also be available from:
Student Enrollment Services
Rosalind Mayfield, Administrative Secretary
2208 Kennedy Ln
Texarkana, Texas 75503
Phone: 903.794.TISD ext. 1030
For questions regarding Morriss enrollment, please contact the
Morriss Campus or the District Enrollment Office.
Martha and Josh Morriss
Mathematics & Engineering Elementary School
4826 University Park
Texarkana, TX 75503
TISD Welcome Center
2208 Kennedy Lane
Texarkana, TX 75503